Friday, June 29, 2012

The Practice Trip

Taylor here. We are going to Rhode Island to practice with our pop-up camper. I mean, we are going RIGHT NOW. We'll just be gone one night. Hopefully the bearings don't go out again on the camper. Actually, we aren't going right now anymore. My dad just let the cat out while he was carrying stuff to the car. I can't believe it! Now we have to catch the cat first.

Are you wondering what we need to practice? We need to practice putting the camper up and taking it down. We don't really have time to go on a trip right now, but my mom says she NEEDS to practice. My dad isn't gonna be there for the first part of the summer trip - as in the first three weeks. That means trouble. That means my mom has to be able to do everything by herself - I mean with our help. We're pretty good helpers. Sometimes.

I'm glad there is a practice trip because tomorrow we will go to the beach and swim. My dad has NEVER been to Rhode Island before even though we have lived in Massachusetts for six years. Even though he's been to 47 states. After today, he will have been to 48 states. It's pathetic that he hasn't been to Rhode Island.

Our house is really clean right now because we hope we have a showing while we're gone. Our house hasn't sold yet. It did sell once but then the buyers backed out. So now we have to sell it again. It always makes me a little sad to see it so clean because it doesn't look like we live in it. Normally, it's kind of dirty. (My mom doesn't want me to write that. She says it isn't DIRTY, it just has kid stuff out everywhere. Not everywhere. Just some places.)

Be sure and come back tomorrow because we'll post some pictures for you to see.

Taylor signing out.

P.S. Rachel just got the cat. Now we are going RIGHT NOW.

13 comments:

  1. Have a great time in Rhode Island! I think you should seriously look into turning this blog into a book. It would be a hit!!

    -Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you think our "book" would be a hit.

      Delete
  2. Hi Taylor - Good idea to do the practice trip! I hope you're a pro at putting up the camper now. That has to be hard to keep the house clean and "show ready" all the time. Don't tell anyone but once when I had a house guest I actually hired a cleaning service as I couldn't manage to keep my house clean. Tell Rachel good job on catching the cat!

    Uncle Jeff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still learning to set up the pop-up. Also, the practice trrip was my mom's idea.

      Delete
  3. Glad your Dad was able to add Rhode Island to his list of states before you moved! And your Mom is right...kid stuff doesn't mean dirty!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was shocked when my mom told me that my dad hadn't been to Rhode Island.

      Delete
  4. from Grandma Huber
    That's great you're helping keeping the house ready to be shown. Sorry there were problems on the Rhode Island trip. Hope all goes well with the big trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also hope that all goes well.

      Delete
  5. Hi Taylor. I haven't been to Rhode Island either, even though I've been to all the other states around us.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Taylor, I'm impressed that you know what bearings are. And I'm impressed that you are doing a practice camp-out to give you all confidence for the weeks ahead. Insightful thought about a clean house not looking lived in. Sometimes I feel like homes are so orderly that they seem like a museum.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have fun on your practice trip! Have fun in Rhode Island!

    ReplyDelete